UK MEET – GLBTQ FICTION
12-14 JULY 2013
WELCOME to the UK Meet site, and find out about this UK event,
run for and by GLBTQ fans / authors / readers.
Please feel free to browse around!
Interested in attending in JULY 2013?
Location: Manchester | Dates: 12-14 July
SIGN UP for the newsletter, so you’ll be one of the first to hear updates.
BROWSE OUR FAQs, but if you have further queries, please use CONTACT US from the HOME menu.
JOIN our GoodReads group to chat about the Meet
UK GLBTQ Fiction – Read it, Write it, Love it
TELLING TALES of the 2012 UK Meet now available on the 2012 Overview menu above.
Details and BUY links for our souvenir anthologies on the menu above.
LASHINGS OF SAUCE Awarded Honorable mention in the Best Gay Contemporary General Fiction category at the Rainbow Awards 2012
And the UK Meet is ...
- We are a not for profit, professionally run event for the benefit of the community of GLBTQ writers and readers. We have links with the Albert Kennedy Trust which supports LGBT young people to be able to live in caring homes. The meet has retained its friendly and intimate feel, offering networking and support in ways which other meets can’t offer due to their larger size.
- The meet has a team of excellent organisers, each bringing complementary skills to the mix. The event includes social elements where you can meet new people and try out new things, and discussion panels where you can learn things from key note speakers to help your writing and reading of the genre.
- The UK meet has links with all major publishers of the genre.
- The organisers are all thoroughly British, and have put together an appropriately British programme, set in the heart of the north of England.
- Manchester (our 2013 location) is easily accessible by air, train or car. It’s a city of approximately half a million, where you can make a holiday of it, explore the theatres, check out the wonderful sense of pride the city has in its GLBTQ history. Visit the bars of Canal Street’s ‘gay village’, the location of the British drama series, Queer as Folk.
- See Manchester’s historical buildings, enjoy the shopping with many well known brands, and take the opportunity to visit the beautiful Peak District surrounding the city. Come and sample the wonderful British summer, which although we’ll try, we can’t guarantee results!
- Manchester has Britain’s second largest airport, well served from Europe and the USA. We welcome everyone