Today is the turn of the lovely Melanie Tushmore to introduce herself. Melanie’s been to the last two Meets so many of you will already know her, but she definitely managed to surprise me with her answer to question 2! Now I just need to think of a song I want you to sing, Melanie. Oh yes, and I’m adding you to the official UK Meet entertainment line-up
1) Tell us about yourself in 100 words or fewer.
Small, British, pale, cat person, and has a loud laugh (for which i apologise in advance). Likes to chat. Loves other cultures, history, and folklore, loud music and swearing. (Soz.) Pictured with my morris-dancing mother at Brighton 2012 Day of Dance, by India Gate at the Pavilion.
2) Tell us something about you that might come as a surprise!
Er… Will sing a Disney song at the drop of a hat. (Can’t actually sing, so be warned.)
3) What do you like most about the LGBTQ genre?
That anything is possible.
4) What are you most looking forward to about UK Meet?
Meeting authors I admire, meeting friends again, making new friends; all drawn together by a love of the same stories I adore
5) If you had one wish which would come true at UK Meet, what would that be?
That someone would drive me up there and back in a hummer, pay for my hotel, carry my bags, and give me a back rub.
Once that’s taken care of, my wish is to have a great weekend away, have some fun, and focus on positive things Oh, and buy loads of books.