Today we have Spotlight Author Jules Jones here to say hello to everyone. Welcome, Jules 🙂 She’s been writing (and publishing) gay romance for years now–longer than any of the rest of us, it sounds like!
1) Tell us about yourself in 100 words or fewer.
Northern Irish, currently living in England, and have also lived Abroad. I have a somewhat *interesting* idiolect as a result, to the despair of my editor. Materials scientist by training, and science fiction fan since I was old enough to hold a book. I started writing fanfic enough years ago that we still did it in treeware, and I published an anthology zine series in my One True Fandom — a useful primer in what it’s like to be on the publisher’s side of the slushpile.
2) Tell us something about you that might come as a surprise!
I have far too many cross-stitch kits around the house that I will get to one day…
3) What do you like most about the LGBTQ genre?
Not being constrained to write to Approved Gender Stereotypes.
4) What are you most looking forward to about UK Meet?
Meeting up with online friends in meatspace.
5) If you had one wish which would come true at UK Meet, what would that be?
Seeing one or two American friends. It’s not going to happen, but one can dream…
email@example.com :: http://www.julesjones.com
http://julesjones.livejournal.com/ :: http://twitter.com/bookfetishist