Two very quick announcements before the main act:
New time for live twitter chat on reading family
The next one is on Wednesday 15 January at 19.30 GMT – 20.30 GMT. It’s about readingfamily. This time it’s the turn of readers. Who is your reading brother who tells you what books you must next read? Who are your reading siters, sharing saucy reads from your friends/family/whoever? Do you have a reading mum or dad – someone you ‘look up to’ and ask about the up and coming things you must read? Let us know on the live twitter chat.
Please use #ukmeet14 with *every* tweet so we can pick up even if the five Spice Girls Organisers aren’t connected to you on twitter.
To brighten up your January the Spice Girls Organisers are writing a story on their and this blog for all of your delctation, titilation and enjoyment. The first part of this, written by yours truly, will be posted on this blog, and on my blog on Monday 20 January. The following week Charlie Cochrane takes over and *may* or *may not* be keeping it all above board and not smutty. You’ll have to wait and see.
Without further mincing about, here’s Charlie *hands microphone over*
First Charlie Cochrane’s 5 reasons to attend UK Meet 14 in Bristol
- Where else can you sit round a table drinking coffee and eating cake with people you don’t need to explain to about why you write what you write or read where you read?
- Because UK Meet is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
- Whether you’re a reader, author, blogger, editor, cover artist, publisher or any combination of these, you’ll make new contacts, learn something you didn’t know and be able to give your opinion in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
- UK Meet is like your favourite outfit – you feel comfy and fabulous at the same time.
- Because Charlie Cochrane has a lot more hugs to claim and give out.
And now JL Merrow’s 5 reasons *passes microphone to JL Merrow*
- Charlie’s short skirts
- Jo’s crazy fabulous hairstyles
- Unique prizes on offer—in 2013 three of us offered up a chance of a role in our next book to a “lucky” winner. Hanne, I’ve almost finished writing yours! 😉
- The chance to really be yourself, with people who like the same things you do. (Or be someone else, if that’s your thing.)
- The hugs!
*takes microphone* And with that I will say goodbye in the style of one of my favourite musicals, The Sound of Music, take it away Von Trapp children *waving*
So long, farewell, au Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight
So long, farewell, au wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu
Liam Livings xx