- We are a not for profit, professionally run event for the benefit of the community of GLBTQ writers and readers. The Meet has retained its friendly and intimate feel offering networking and support in ways which other meets can’t offer due to their larger size.
- The Meet has a team of excellent and experienced organisers, each bringing complementary skills to the mix. The Meet combines social elements where you can meet new people and try out new things, and discussion panels where you can learn things from key note speakers to help your writing and reading of the genre.
- The UK Meet has links with all major publishers of the genre.
- We have links with the Albert Kennedy Trust which supports LGBT young people to be able to live in caring homes.
- The organisers are all thoroughly British – or British supporters! – and put together an appropriate programme in the heart of some of our brightest and best cities.
- Our venues are easily accessible by air, train or car, with local amenities and entertainment. We try to choose cities that have a wonderful sense of pride in its GLBTQ history.
- We love the UK flavour of the Meet, but we enthusiastically welcome attendees from across the globe.