THE UK MEET – FOR READERS
- Meet your favourite authors and fellow reader fans all in one friendly intimate place, rather than travelling all over the world.
- For those readers who don’t want to be identified on social media, you will have a different coloured lanyard to help protect your identity.
- The intimate nature of the Meet makes for easy networking between delegates. There are also plenty of opportunities for socialising and fun in the evenings, and also during the day between the panels.
- The Meet has an inclusive atmosphere where peer to peer support is positively encouraged, and readers have the time to rub shoulders with their favourite authors in a friendly safe space.
- You can make a weekend or longer holiday of it, travelling with other reader fans from across the world, re-visit old friends, strengthen online friendships in person, and have the opportunity to make new ones . The Meet will remind you that you’re not alone in loving the niche genre that you do, and you can help to build the online community for this fiction.
- You’ll have the opportunity to buy a selection of books from your favourite and new authors. Think of it like an in person version of ‘other customers who bought this, also bought this.’ You can supplement your reading fun by talking to authors, finding out what they’re really like in person, and asking them about their stories, and of course getting the odd autograph!
- Have a fun weekend out with likeminded people in a fabulous city.
- Discuss reader-specific issues in workshops and panels, held in a safe, inclusive environment, without the need for any apology or defensiveness. You are also enthusiastically encouraged to contribute to the discussions as a panellist or moderator.